Compac Botticino quartz
- Stone name: Compac Botticino
- Texture: Veined
- Main colour: White
- Average slab size: 3050×1400
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Jumbo Size: Not available
- Tiles: Available. Standard sizes: 300x300mm, 600x600mm, 600x300mm, 600x400mm
- Applications: Interior. Please ask one of our team members
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90-95% quartz and minerals, 5%-15% pigments and additives
- Flexural resistance: 64.1-90 MPa
- Compression strenght: 229 MPa
- Absorption: 0.07%
- Slip resistance: 7 Wet. 40 Dry
- Abrasion resistance: 27-33
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
History Compac Botticino Quartz is one of the colors out of the 40 strong palette from Compac.
Compac is a Spanish multinational corporation with almost 40 years experience within the market. Compac is a family-owned business and the second biggest quartz manufacturer in the world with a distribution base in most continents.
Image of Compac Botticino quartz material
Compac Botticino Quartz is made with Breton technology which uses an oven-like machinery to ensure maximum hardness in the material.
It is then vibrate-compressed to guarantee practically no absorption which ensures no sealing is ever required once the material is installed.
Compac was the first manufacturer to launch a collection of quartz stones with natural looks and feel of real marbles through their Nature Range.
The Nature Range from Compac is made with Bio Resins which ensures higher resistance to heat than other technical quartz stones which are made with polymer resins instead.
Drainer grooves in Compac Botticino Quartz worktops by MKW Surfaces
Compac Botticino Quartz is idea for applications such as kitchen worktops, bathroom tops and panels, splashbacks and cladding, kitchen and bathrooms flooring, high traffic areas, stairs and fireplaces.
Compac Botticino Quartz is not recommended for external use.
Compac Botticino Quartz is resistant to acids, oils and liquids typical in a kitchen and won’t stain or scratch like its natural version, Botticino marble.
It has a very low maintenance costs as it doesn’t require sealing and it can be cleaned very easily.
The line of Bio resins is made with resins from renewable plant sources whilst providing a better resistance to UV rays than other man-made products. It also provides lower contraction and internal stresses with a better result on its edge polishing.
Compac Botticino Quartz is ideal for flooring with high traffic and can be applied on commercial establishments where a low maintenance and durable option is required.
Image of Compac Botticino Quartz tiles by Compac
Compac Botticino quartz comes in polished finish and also in honed for more classic looks.
Compac Botticino wall cladding by Compac
Compac Botticino quartz only requires regular cleaning using a pH-neutral product and a rinse-off with water and drying with a kitchen cloth or paper towel.
- Grease stains: Dilute a small amount of detergent in water and rub the stain with a cloth. Then rinse off with water.
- Lime scale stains: Apply vinegar (or any other weak diluted acid) or specific non-abrasive cleaner for lime scale over the affected surface and leave to act for a minute. Then rinse off with water.
- Silicone stains: Dampen the area by applying a small dose of solvent (ethanol or similar). Scrape off using a razor blade, gently, to avoid scratching the surface.
- Metal and rust stains: Apply a small amount of hydrochloric acid. Leave to act for a few seconds, rinse off with plenty of water and dry.
- Do not place Compac Botticino quartz to intense direct sunlight or expose it to UV lighting.
- Do not regularly place pots, pans and other hot items directly from the oven on Compac Botticino quartz objects .
- Water-repellents or sealers to bring out shine are not required on Compac Botticino quartz surfaces.
- Do not use stripping agents, caustic soda, degreasing products, or products with a pH over 10 or chlorine-based products. When using bleach or solvents, rinse with water as soon as possible to avoid prolonged contact with the surface.
- Compac Botticino quartz doesn’t need and can’t be polished.