Compac Carrara Quartz
- Stone name: Compac Carrara
- Texture: Veined
- Main colour: White
- Average slab size: 3050×1400
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Jumbo Size: Not available
- Tiles: Available. Standard sizes: 300x300mm, 600x600mm, 600x300mm, 600x400mm
- Applications: Interior. Please ask one of our team members
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90-95% quartz and minerals, 5%-15% pigments and additives
- Flexural resistance: 64.1-90 MPa
- Compression strenght: 229 MPa
- Absorption: 0.07%
- Slip resistance: 7 Wet. 40 Dry
- Abrasion resistance: 27-33
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
A Spanish multinational Corporation, Compac is a leading giant in the industry with an overwhelming experience of 40 years in the market. It is a family-owned business with a massive distribution base across continents, which makes it the second biggest Quartz manufacturer in the global market.
Image of Compac Quartz Carrara material
Compac Carrara Quartz and in fact all Compac quartz worktops, are made with Breton technology which uses an oven-like machinery to ensure maximum hardness in the material. It is then vibrate-compressed to guarantee practically no absorption which ensures no sealing is ever required once the material is installed.
It was the first manufacturer to launch a range of Quartz stones called the ‘Nature Range’ which looked natural and felt like real marbles upon touch. This range has been manufactured with Bio Resins, which allow for higher heat resistance as compared to other quartz stones comprising Polymer Resins. Bio Resins are made with resins obtained from renewable plant sources, which provide better resistance to UV rays. This also ensures lower contraction and internal stresses.
Carrara Quartz is one of the stunning colors among the vivid palette of 40 that Compac offers for its Quartz worktops.
Carrara Quartz (and other worktops) is manufactured using Breton Technology, which makes use of an oven-like machinery to ensure infallible cohesion and durability. Through a technique called vibrate-compression, it is made sure that no space for absorption is left; thus, once the material has been installed, it does not require sealing, time and again. Its maintenance cost is hence, quite low.
It is best suited for kitchen worktops, bathroom panels, flooring (bathroom and kitchen), stairs, fireplaces and for splashbacks and cladding. It is recommended that Compac Carrara Quartz not be used for exteriors.
It is very well suited for flooring with high traffic and thus, is ideal for commercial establishments, which require a classy yet low maintenance, durable option.
Moreover, it is resistant to acids, oils and other such liquids usually found in a kitchen and does not succumb to stains as opposed to its natural version: the Bianco Carrara marble. Cleaning it is a conveniently easy.
The line of Bio resins is made with resins from renewable plant sources whilst providing a better resistance to UV rays than other man-made products.
It also provides lower contraction and internal stresses with a better result on its edge polishing.
Compac Carrara Quartz is ideal for flooring with high traffic and can be applied on commercial establishments where a low maintenance and durable option is required.
Compac Carrara quartz comes in polished finish and also in honed for more classic looks.
Compac Carrara Quartz requires basic regular cleaning with water, a pH neutral product and a cloth or paper towel.
- Grease stains: With a small amount of detergent in water, rub the stain with a cloth. Then rinse off with water.
- Lime scale stains: Apply vinegar (or any other weak diluted acid) or a specific non-abrasive cleaner over the affected surface and leave it for a minute. Then rinse off with water.
- Silicone stains: Dampen the area by applying a small amount of solvent (ethanol or similar). Scrape off gently with a razor blade to avoid scratching the surface.
- Metal and Rust stains: Apply a small amount of hydrochloric acid. Leave it for a few seconds, then rinse off with plenty of water and leave it for drying.
- Do not install Compac Carrara Quartz near direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can be harmful.
- Avoid placing pots, pans and other hot utensils (directly from the oven) on Compac Carrara Quartz objects.
- Water-repellents or sealers to enhance the shine or polish are not required on Compac Carrara Quartz surfaces.
- Do not use stripping agents, caustic soda, de-greasing products, chlorine-based products or products with pH over 10 on it. When cleaning with bleach or solvents, rinse with water as soon as possible to avoid prolonged contact of the surface with the solvent.
- Compac Carrara Quartz doesn’t require frequent polishing.
Please contact us for assistance on Tel. 0203 0788912 or via firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a Carrara worktop London quartz lookalike surface.