Calacatta Quartz- Product Information
Calacatta quartz worktops
Calacatta quartz is a surface material made out by approximately 96% pure quartz and 4% resins which provide uniformity in colour and pattern across its surface.
Calacatta quartz is a new addition within MKW Surfaces due to market demand for affordable quartz surfaces that resemble the classic and timeless looks of one of the most beautiful Italian marbles.
Calacatta quartz has a white background with striking golden veining providing an air of luxury and calm to any space where it is installed.
MKW Surfaces has also added ‘Statuario quartz’ within this range which completes the first launch of this collection.
This collection of natural looking quartz is a preferred choice by architects, property developers and interior designers when it comes to creative environments and new ideas which demand long-lasting, stain and scratch resistant surfaces for commercial and residential interiors.
- Stone name: Calacatta Quartz
- Texture: Veined
- Main colour: White
- Average slab size: 3050×1440mm
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Applications: Interior.
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90% quartz and minerals, 10% pigments and additives
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
- High flexural resistance
- High resistance to impacts
- Very low maintenance
- Highly resistant to high temperatures, heat and fire
- Highly resistant to freezing
- Highly resistant to chemical such as acids and solvents
- Anti-mold and antibacterial for food preparation applications
Our Calacatta quartz is produced via Breton Stone technology and comes with NSF (food safe certified) and GREENGUARD certifications as well as ISO 14001:2004.
This material is focused on the latest design trends, vision and ideas when it comes to interior decoration.
Calacatta quartz like most quartz surfaces is simple to work with. It is a man-made surface with typical slab sizes at 3050x1440mm which ensures value when budgeting with kitchen units dimensions.
The manufacturing and installation process takes 5 working days from the time when an order is received:
- Day 1: Our team of skilled templaters take accurate measurements of all dimensions and check for potential irregularities (should there be any) on site such as the units where the surfaces would be installed on.
- Day 2: We order the material based on taken dimensions.
- Day 3: We confirm dimensions and check with production for quality control of the material.
- Day 4: The worktops are manufactured, including cut outs (sinks, taps, downdraft extractors, etc)
- Day 5: Installation takes place.Template and installation of the surfaces are fairly simple and undisruptive procedures that take between 75-120 minutes to complete, depending on the size of the project.
Calacatta quartz slab