- Stone name: Compac Coco
- Texture: Plain
- Main colour: Cream/beige with bright speckles
- Average slab size: 3050×1400mm
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Tiles: Available. Standard sizes: 300x300mm, 600x600mm, 600x300mm, 600x400mm
- Applications: Interior. Please ask one of our team members
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90-95% quartz and minerals, 5%-15% pigments and additives
- Flexural resistance: 40-44 Mpa
- Impact resistance: >9-11
- Compression resistance: 260
- Absorption: 0.076-0.089%
- Slip resistance: 5 Wet. 40-50 Dry
- Abrasion resistance: 28.5
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
Compac Coco quartz has a cream background with tiny shiny speckles spread out uniformly to become one of the easiest materials to maintain for hard wearing environments with a unique yet classy and glamorous look.
Coco belongs to price group 5 from the Compac range which makes it a mid-to-high priced cream quartz in the marketplace.
Compac is a Spanish Company and family run business that has created Coco quartz back in the 90’s to become one of its core colours within their collections due to its low price and popular appeal.
Compac has made their name in the 70’s as they were the first Company to produce reconstituted marble. They continued their strategy by producing quartz in the 90’s which has now become the core business for this manufacturer.
Compac Coco quartz uses patented technology created by Italian manufacturer Breton, which is granted to one Company in each country, ensuring the highest standards are followed by the manufacturers.
Coco quartz worktops by MKW Surfaces with a set of 5 drainer grooves
Compac Coco quartz surfaces provide a unique, luxurious feel to ensure opulent, distinctive looks in kitchens, bathrooms, flooring and commercial spaces amongst other interior design environments,
Compac Coco quartz is made with resins to perform with higher heat resistance, scratches and stains.
Work in progress for a Compac Coco kitchen island in a residence in Wimbledon by MKW Surfaces
Compac Coco Quartz is perfect for applications such as tiles, vanity tops and panels, splashbacks and wall cladding, fireplaces and staircases.
Compac Coco quartz shouldn’t be used externally as it may be affected by UV rays in the long term.
Compac Coco worktops with a lip and 40mm front edges by Compac (image by decoracion facilisimo)
Compac Coco worktops in 30mm thickness to provide a contemporary look. (image by decoracion facilisimo)
Compac Coco Quartz is to liquids, acids and oils, stains and scratches making it ideal for hard wearing areas.
It has a practically no maintenance costs as it can be cleaned with soapy water or window spray cleaner without the need of sealing or resealing compared to granite or marble.
Plain and sleek looks provided by Coco quartz surfaces ensures there uniformity in for this classic colour within their ranges. Compac Coco quartz provides lower contraction and internal stresses with a better result on its edge polishing.
It also comes in polished honed finish for classic looks and polished finish for contemporary or modern environments.
Compac Coco quartz only requires regular cleaning using a pH-neutral product and a rinse-off with water and drying with a kitchen cloth or paper towel.
- Grease stains: Dilute a small amount of detergent in water and rub the stain with a cloth. Then rinse off with water.
- Lime scale stains: Apply vinegar (or any other weak diluted acid) or specific non-abrasive cleaner for lime scale over the affected surface and leave to act for a minute. Then rinse off with water.
- Silicone stains: Dampen the area by applying a small dose of solvent (ethanol or similar). Scrape off using a razor blade, gently, to avoid scratching the surface.
- Metal and rust stains: Apply a small amount of hydrochloric acid. Leave to act for a few seconds, rinse off with plenty of water and dry.
- Do not place Compac Coco quartz to intense direct sunlight or expose it to UV lighting.
- Do not regularly place pots, pans and other hot items directly from the oven on Compac Coco quartz objects .
- Water-repellents or sealers to bring out shine are not required on Compac Coco quartz surfaces.
- Do not use stripping agents, caustic soda, degreasing products, or products with a pH over 10 or chlorine-based products. When using bleach or solvents, rinse with water as soon as possible to avoid prolonged contact with the surface.
- Compac Coco quartz doesn’t need and can’t be polished.