Unistone Calacatta- Product Information
Unistone Calacatta quartz worktops
Unistone Calacatta quartz is a surface material made out by approximately 90% pure quartz and 10% resins which provide a solid, flexible and uniformly coloured surface.
Unistone Calacatta quartz is one of the latest additions in the world of quartz surfaces, meeting current design trends to complete the most amazing interiors,
Unistone Calacatta quartz has a white background with golden veins providing elegance, splendor yet maintaining classic looks in any environment.
Unistone Statuario quartz is also available and completes this magnificent couple of quartz offerings.
This collection of natural looking quartz is a preferred choice by design and interior professionals when affordable surfaces are required in commercial and residential developments.
- Stone name: Unistone Calacatta
- Texture: Veined
- Main colour: White
- Average slab size: 3050×1440mm
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 20mm, 30mm
- Applications: Interior.
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90% quartz and minerals, 10% pigments and additives
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
- High flexural resistance
- High resistance to impacts
- Very low maintenance
- Highly resistant to high temperatures, heat and fire
- Highly resistant to freezing
- Highly resistant to chemical such as acids and solvents
- Anti-mold and antibacterial for food preparation applications
Unistone Calacatta quartz is produced with Breton machinery which is the worlwide leader in quartz technology and has NSF (food safe certified) and GREENGUARD certifications as well as ISO 14001:2004.
Unistone Calacatta quartz like most quartz surfaces is simple to work with. It is a man-made surface with typical slab sizes at 3050x1440mm which ensures value when budgeting with kitchen units dimensions.
The manufacturing and installation process takes 5 working days from the time when an order is received:
- Day 1: Our team of skilled templaters take accurate measurements of all dimensions and check for potential irregularities (should there be any) on site such as the units where the surfaces would be installed on.
- Day 2: We order the material based on taken dimensions.
- Day 3: We confirm dimensions and check with production for quality control of the material.
- Day 4: The worktops are manufactured, including cut outs (sinks, taps, downdraft extractors, etc)
- Day 5: Installation takes place.Template and installation of the surfaces are fairly simple and undisruptive procedures that take between 75-120 minutes to complete, depending on the size of the project.
Unistone Calacatta quartz slab