How to Take Care of Quartz Vanity TopsThu, Mar, 2015
Quartz vanity tops are made with additions of polymer resins and color pigments to natural quartz. These engineered stones are highly durable, stain and scratch resistant. However, like all other stones, they require their share of care (albeit minimal) because they are not 100% stain or scratch proof.
Here are some considerations for the maintenance regime of your precious vanity tops:
- For routine cleaning, just wipe with a damp cloth or paper towel. You can use a solution of water and a mild soap. This simple exercise will keep your surfaces shining and dainty for years to come.
- No matter what color it is — white or black, or anything in between — it is important to always clean up spills as soon as they happen. It is advised to keep a paper towel near the top so that every spill is quickly wiped away. If you allow them to dry, they may leave ugly stains which in practically most cases would be easily removed.
- If there is a dry stain nonetheless, try rubbing it with a non-abrasive scrubber. You can also use a glass-cleaning fabric which is smooth enough not to scratch the surface and rough enough to gently clean the dried layer of grime.
- It is easy for vanity tops in bathrooms to come in contact with cleaning agents since they are stored there. So, it is important to take care that no high-pH substance or bleach comes in touch with the surface. If it does, wash it down with clean water and dry with a paper towel.
- Keep permanent markers, inks and tinctures away from your tops.
With these tips in mind, your pretty quartz vanity tops will certainly last for years looking as good as new.
Are there any suggestions you would like to make? Share in the comments section.