Get Reasonable Countertops Made of Quartz, Marble, and Granite in Richmond upon Thames
There are several materials available for countertops these days and each of them has unique features. Any two countertops might be similar in cost but they do have differences which you should know about. Here, we mention the properties and features of quartz, granite, and marble worktops and what makes them so markedly different.
- If you are looking for a durable countertop, then quartz countertops are the ideal option. You can avail them in a variety of colours, such as apple green, cream, black, and earthy brown. Quartz worktops in Richmond upon the Thames are finely engineered and are primarily made of quartz which is amalgamated with metallic flecks or glass. Also, the resins make the countertops scratch resistant and you would not have to add any coating to the quartz countertops.
- If you have a quartz countertop, then you don’t have to worry about spills, knives, and hot utensils. Quartz countertops are non-porous and so you won’t have to worry about any leakages or spills while working in the kitchen.
- Granite is a naturally occurring stone that undergoes a lot of heat and pressure with time. Granite kitchen worktops in Richmond upon the Thames are very robust and resilient; so much so that they are also impervious to corrosive compounds like acid. Moreover, the tiles are easy to work with as they are lighter and smaller. It is up to you to pick the ideal measurement and shape. Note that slabs have lesser seams than tiles. However, a word of caution, since granite is porous in nature, you are advised to keep the counters dry.
- For maintenance, you can polish the granite countertop every now and then so as to maintain their sheen and lustre and keep them looking as good as new.
- Marble is indeed a luxurious option for your kitchen countertop. It is comparatively softer and is susceptible to stains. This is also why people often consider installing marble countertops in a certain area alone in order to avoid any wear and tear. Marble kitchen worktops in Richmond upon the Thames can add a glamorous look to any place that they are installed in. You can find it in colours, such as white, green, cream, pink, and even black. You can ideally use it for the baking area or as a pullout slab.
- Maintaining marble countertops can be quite easy once you understand its sensitivity towards heat. For instance, always put coasters under hot glasses and cups and wipe off any type of spills. Also, remember to always find cleaning products that are specific to marble.
If you are looking for kitchen worktop providers, then MKW is a trusted brand in this domain. We have a huge collection of quartz worktops, granite worktops, marble worktops in Richmond upon the Thames. Our host of designs contains something for every budget. You can browse our collection online and select a suitable countertop for your modern kitchen.