Best Granite, Marble & Quartz Worktops for Kitchen Countertops in Southwark
Southwark is one of the most exciting places in London at the moment. Congratulations on getting a home here! Now, don’t you want your home to live up to the modern vibe of the locality?
A home is never complete without the kitchen and one of the main design aspects of the kitchen is the worktop. The material you choose for the worktop can make or break the look of the whole kitchen. Granite, quartz, and marble are the most popular material for kitchen worktops. Here is everything you need to know to make the right choice.
Quartz Kitchen Worktop
Quartz has become the go-to worktop material all over the country. Quartz kitchen worktops in Southwark are made by combining ground quartz with polymer resins using heat and pressure. This process makes it possible to manufacture quartz slabs in a variety of colours and patterns that mimic the feel of natural stones such as marble or graphite.
Properties of quartz worktops
- It is strong and doesn’t break or crack easily.
- It can withstand heat without suffering any damage to itself.
- It is anti-bacterial, mould-resistant, non-porous, and non-absorbent.
- It is multipurpose and can be used in bathrooms, cabinet doors, tables, etc.
Granite Kitchen Worktop
Granite is a natural stone that is cut in slabs and used as a kitchen worktop in Southwark. Granite is a classic choice for worktops and it has been so since time immemorial. The natural process of creation of granite also blesses it with certain unique qualities. Synonymous with durability and luxury, granite worktops have found a place among the modern homes in Southwark.
Properties of granite worktops
- Granite is one of the most durable materials in the market.
- It is heat and stain resistant.
- It becomes non-absorbent upon proper sealing.
- It can increase the resale value of your home.
Marble Kitchen Worktop
Marble is another natural material that has found its place in the kitchen worktops in Southwark. Marble is a crystalline form of limestone. Marble has been a very popular material for sculptures in an around Europe that have survived for centuries. Why not bring the same luxury to your home and make it the cynosure of all eyes?
Properties of marble worktops
- Marble has a cooling effect and the temperature of the counter-top will remain a few degrees lower than the ambient temperature. This keeps the kitchen cool, especially during summer.
- It is available in a range of prices and is affordable to everyone.
- It can last for a very long time.
- It can be easily carved to create smooth and curved edges.
Get the Best Kitchen Counter-top for Your Southwark Home
Your kitchen worktops are put through a lot of processes and they should be able to survive it all. For this, you should always select a material that is heat resistant and doesn’t scratch or chip. Price is another important factor to consider. The price of the material should be reasonable. If the initial cost is high, it should be justified by the long life.
Materials such as quartz, granite, and marble also have an added advantage in that they increase the resale value of the home. Selecting the best seller is also as important as selecting the right material. You can find all the above-mentioned materials and much more at the best online kitchen worktop supplier in the UK.