While Caesarstone Quartz is considered one of the toughest, hardest and most durable worktop materials, it surely isn’t indestructible. There are certain dos and don’ts that you need to keep in mind for enhancing its longevity.
Caesarstone Quartz Surfaces has rapidly become a rage in recent years due to its stunning lustre, a wide range of colours and textures and high resistance to stains, scratches, heat and bacteria. It is one of the prime materials used by modern homeowners for their home remodelling projects. But you must be well aware of how to take care of the quartz countertop to maintain its lustrous appeal and functionality for years.
Here are some dos and don’ts when dealing with Caesarstone Quartz Worktops:
High-Risk Spills on Caesarstone
● The Caesarstone quartz surfaces can repel spills due to its non-porous surface. But it is recommended to immediately wipe off any accidental spill, such as coffee, lemon juice, grape juice or wine.
● Use a soft paper towel or soft cloth to gently absorb the spill and for cleaning. You need a mixture of warm water and a gentle cleaning agent to keep the surface neat and tidy.
● Don’t let any high-risk spills like lemon juice, wine or coffee sit on the surface, even though quartz is known to repel spillage. Such strong drinks are likely to leave stains or discolour the surface if left on the worktop for a longer duration.
● Don’t use any abrasive cleaning agents or harsh scrubs for cleaning the surface. It may cause damage to its sheen over time.
Heat and Knives on Caesarstone
● Caesarstone Quartz seems indestructible to many but it can be damaged if not treated properly. So, always use a cutting board when chopping or dicing veggies or any other ingredient for cooking.
● Use trivets or hot pads when placing hot utensils on the quartz surface to avoid any heat damage.
● Never chop vegetables or any other ingredient directly on the surface, as it may leave scratches on the worktop.
● Avoid keeping hot pots or pans on the worktop surface to prevent is sheen and lustrous.
Caesarstone Cleaning Tips
● Always use a soft cloth and mild cleaning agent that’s specifically designed for quartz or kitchen worktop surfaces.
● You also need to consider the colour and style of the quartz worktop when cleaning it. Dark worktops can be cleaned with minimal effort, whereas for lighter worktop surfaces, you need to be a little careful while cleaning.
● Do not use alkaline or acidic cleaning agents and bleaching agents for cleaning the Caesarstone countertop.
● Don’t use abrasive pads for removing the stubborn marks or stains from the surface; otherwise, it may leave scratches on the worktop.
You need to be careful when handling quartz worktops. By following these aforementioned-instructions, you can certainly upkeep the lustrous sheen and enhance the longevity of quartz countertops.
In addition to the above tips, it is good to remind you that all Caesarstone worktops come with an available 25 years manufacturers warranty.
If you want to see more tips about the use and care of Caesarstone, click here