For Kitchen Worktops and Countertops
Growth from 2013-17 was 13% - by value
The growth is expected to be approximately 20% - by value
It will account for 15% of the total kitchen furniture market share worldwide
Reasons for the Steady Growth:
- Greater access to beautiful stones suiting unique decor needs due to the latest technological advances in quarrying and extraction processes
- The trend for larger worktop areas such as peninsulas and islands
- Shift to expensive stones such as high-end marble, granite and quartzite; and engineered stones such Quartz, Porcelain and Ceramic
- Availability to sturdier stones, reducing the need of lamination
- Stone suppliers offering installation services with sales
The Domination of Lamination
In Kitchen Worktops –
- Nearly 50% installed by value
- Almost 75% installed by volume
This number is expected to decrease over the next five years because of beautiful stones and bespoke installations.
In Bathroom Worktops
Nearly 60% used by value will be laminates
Though stone is not expected to make great headways, the trend may change to composite materials, due to their flexibility.
WHO IS MKW SURFACES?
- Are suppliers of natural and engineered stone, solid surfaces and glass products.
- Offer the widest range of products in London, United Kingdom
- Project manage installations of all surfaces including worktops, floorings and cladding.
We go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect!
Contact us for a reliable and trustworthy service!