Marble is derived from “mármaron,” a Greek word that means “to flash, sparkle and gleam.” While marble is quarried in different parts of the world, some precious varieties, like Calacatta and Statuario are found in Italy.
Both these marble varieties look quite similar to each other but vary slightly in terms of design and veining patterns. Many people like to install Calacatta and Statuario marble to their kitchen countertops. But these worktops are porous in nature and require annual sealing because these are prone to staining, scratches and damages due to high impact. Therefore, you even have to take great care of your marble worktops.
In case, you adore the beauty of these marble varieties but not willing to invest too much effort into its maintenance, you certainly need to look for quartz material. The quartz is an engineered stone that comes in many marbles like varieties but doesn’t bear any problems associated with marble. It is non-porous in nature and highly resistant to staining, scratches and high impact.
Check out some of the latest Calacatta and Statuario effect quartz worktop materials for 2019:
- Okite Statuario Extra: Okite Statuario Extra is a classic product made from 93% quartz; hence, it’s one of the strongest materials for worktops. Moreover, it boasts Statuario like effect, which makes it quite appealing like the marble itself.
- Okite Carrara Gioia: If you adore the eternal beauty of marble, you can install Okite Carrara Gioia in your kitchen for the natural stone-like effect. Since it is designed with creativity and technology, you won’t have to worry about the issues that come with marble. In addition, you don’t have to spend any extra time on maintenance.
- Okite Grigio Oriente: Okite Grigio Oriente is a beautiful quartz stone boasting a grey background with fine veining. This brings the timeless visual appeal of marble to your kitchen, reception desk, bathroom or flooring with superior performance and ability to withstand etching, staining, heat and scratching.
- CRL Calacatta Quartz: CRL Calacatta quartz features the classic and refined beauty of Italian marble. It boasts thick grey patterns that are scattered all over its surface. This durable quartz stone brings the feel of marble to your home with its accented dramatic veins.
- CRL Pacific Grey Quartz: CRL Pacific Grey quartz comes in a neutral shade slab that has unique and calming visual effects to blend effortlessly into any interior space. Besides the natural looks, this stone is highly robust, durable and long-lasting.
- Ceralsio Calacatta Extreme: Ceralsio Calacatta Extreme is another quartz surface with a delicate creamy beige backdrop that comes in different Natural and Textured finishes. This stone mimics the simplicity and elegance of natural stone, without needing any extra effort for maintenance. Its look-alike is the Ceralsio Cervino quartz that also has an individual character due to its marble-inspired pattern on the crisp white background. It is available in both matte and satin finishes to bring a luxury finish to any interior.
- Neolith Mont Blanc: Neolith Mont Blanc quartz is influenced by the visuals of Chamonix in the French Alps. It comes in an off-white background with fine veins in black scattered all over. It somehow resembles the White Macaubas quartzite.
Dekton Kovik: Dekton Kovik is a comfortable and clean surface with a marble-like effect. It is an ultra-sophisticated worktop material for intensive everyday life. It has been designed to make everyday kitchen tasks pleasant while enabling you to enjoy family dinners around its aesthetic ambience.