Marble counter tops or worktops are matchless when it comes to beauty and elegance. While their counterparts such as granite and quartz try hard to come up with the same level of elegance there is really nothing to beat the elegance that a marble worktop can bring.
There are a number of studios and dealers showcasing marble worktops in London but before a decision is taken it makes sense to review the pros and cons so that the final call is an informed one.
- The design capabilities that are available for marble a way more than any other material. On a worktop where more than regular fabrication is required, marble is the way to go.
- Marble worktops are simply beautiful and that’s why they are popular not just in London but all over the world. The classic beauty of a marble worktop is unparalleled. Varieties such as Carrara marble make for a lovely worktop and are the pride of any London home.
- Another plus is that marble is naturally cool and great if one has baking on their mind. Also, it is heat resistant and durable.
Now the disadvantages:
- A marble worktop can be prone is scratches and stains. It is a softer stone and etching could be an issue.
- It requires maintenance but this is hardly a surprise. All good things come at a cost and in the case of marble regular sealing is required in order to maintain quality.
- Repair could be hard, depending on the type of damage (for example a crack) in case of a slab and this is something any dealer in London selling marble worktops will confirm.
In the end given all these facts, the choice will boil down to the kind of household and lifestyle one has. Also the amount of money and time that one is willing to put in is a consideration. In the end a beautiful Carrara marble worktop from a good place in London will do nothing but enhance the beauty and style quotient of your kitchen.
Want a marble worktop? Go through the points above and make an informed choice today!