Quartzite Calacatta is a beautiful natural stone that closely resembles the aesthetic appeal of marble. Some people often confuse the two but quartzite is more durable and stronger than marble.
Quartzite Calacatta is a natural metamorphic rock that comes in various hues and textures. This stone is being used as worktops and cladding for bathrooms, kitchens, bar areas and other outdoor spaces.
The best thing about Calacatta quartzite is that it’s non-porous unlike other natural stones, as well as resistant to stains and scratches. It also doesn’t require sealing or polishing to keep its surface free from unwanted stains or scratches. Besides, this worktop stone is available at affordable prices, making it an ideal construction material for homes or offices.
Reasons that make Calacatta quartzite popular
Here are the top reasons that make white quartzite or any other quartzite hue a popular choice among homeowners:
1) Highly Durable
The natural quartzite is durable compared to other natural stones. It is even resilient than granite, which is considered to be one of the strongest and durable worktop surfaces. Furthermore, its less porous and higher density surface makes it less prone to staining and scratches. Hence, it’s an ideal option for modern kitchens.
2) Low Maintenance
Being a durable and non-porous kitchen worktop, quartzite needs minimal maintenance. The overall support required for this natural stone is lower compared to other natural stone worktops. Generally, white quartzite worktops need more attention with spillage of liquids and food like ketchup, lime, lemon, wine, tomato, etc. Furthermore, homeowners need to use a pH neutral cleaning agent for cleaning its surface without causing any damage.
3) Quartzite Resembles Marble
The most apparent reason for the popularity of this natural stone is that it resembles the natural beauty of marble. If you don’t want to deal with the flaws of softer natural marble, quartzite is an excellent alternative due to its higher strength and durability. The major part of marble is composed of calcium that reacts to acidic substances, damaging the surface. However, quartzite has no calcium in it, and this eliminates the possibility of getting its surfaces etched by acidic foods like oranges, lemons, etc.
Popular marble-like quartzite worktops in 2020
At MKW Surfaces, we offer a wide range of quartzite worktops, resembling natural Carrara and Calacatta marbles. You can check out our collection of marble-like quartzite worktops that can effortlessly complement the style of any given space.
However, the most popular quartzite worktops that mimic marble are:
- Calacatta Boheme quartzite: Calacatta Boheme is a beautiful Calacatta quartzite that offers high resistance against scratches and staining, besides its spectacular marble look. Due to its durability and strength, this countertop material comes with a long ten years warranty against staining. Hence, it is a perfect option for kitchens of busy homeowners.
- Calacatta Brazil quartzite: Calacatta Brazil quartzite resembles the authentic look of Calacatta marble, without bearing the flaws associated with natural marble. If you adore the elegance and beauty of Calacatta but don’t want to deal with the risks associated with marble, you need to consider this quartzite countertop. Besides its spectacular appearance, it provides higher resistance compared to granite.
- White Macaubas quartzite: This stunning white and grey natural stone is a more robust alternative to marble. White Macaubas quartzite can be installed as a kitchen worktop, backsplash, bathroom vanity top or any other surface to add striking visual appeal to the given space. The dark veining and grey highlights make this classic natural stone a great alternative to marble.
- Bianco Eclipse quartzite: It resembles the natural white Bianco Eclipse marble quarried in Brazil. It is an excellent addition for both interior and exterior applications, including kitchen worktops, wall cladding, fountains, poolside, mosaic and other projects.