Sinterized surface : If you are planning to renovate your kitchen, one of the most challenging decisions would be to select the worktop material. This is because the worktop is the focal point of the kitchen and plays a very important role in the overall appearance and functionality of the kitchen. Homeowners have a wide range of options like quartz, marble, granite, laminate, tile, concrete, recycled glass, and paper composite.
Apart from these popular options, the advanced manufacturing technologies have also provided us with a host of modern surfaces like sinterized surfaces which are now increasingly preferred by homeowners in the UK. What are sinterized surfaces? Are they an ideal choice for your kitchen? Let us find out.
What is a sinterized surface?
Sinterized surfaces are made from a number of complex raw materials which are also used in manufacturing porcelain, quartz, and glass surfaces. However, these surfaces are manufactured with the help of a high-tech process which can naturally take hundreds and thousands of years for occurring and containing the natural faults. Brands like Neolith already offer an extensive range of sinterized surfaces in several colours, designs, and thicknesses.
Why choose sinterized surface over natural stone?
Natural stone surfaces are very popular for their beauty and have been used for hundreds of years for the same reason. However, the natural materials usually have high maintenance requirements and their micro faults make them not suitable for a lot of applications.
Thanks to the modern technologies that we now have sinterized surfaces which can perfectly resemble the beauty of natural stone without the general shortcomings of these natural surfaces.
Can a sinterized surface be used for kitchen countertops?
Definitely yes! These surfaces from brands like Dekton come with a host of benefits which make them an ideal choice for kitchen countertops. Let us have a look at some of the benefits-
- High-temperature resistance- Sinterized surfaces have high-temperature resistance. They do not burn due to combust when exposed to high temperature or even fire. Even low temperatures do not damage the surface in any way.
- UV rays resistant– A large number of surfaces, especially a lot of man made surfaces, start fading over time. This usually occurs to countertops that are exposed to direct sun rays. However, sinterized surfaces are resistant to the harmful UV rays and do not fade.
- No staining– The kitchen countertop is where a lot of cooking preparations will be done. As a result, you need to select a material that does not stain. Sinterized surfaces aren’t porous and do not stain. Even if you pick a white sinterized surface, it can be easily wiped clean.
- Eco-friendly-These surfaces are made from a number of natural products like feldspar, mineral oxides, clays, and silica and natural pigments are used for the colour. They are completely free from resin or any other harmful material that can damage the environment.
- Hygienic– Hygiene is surely an important consideration when it comes to your kitchen. As sinterized surfaces from brands like Ceralsio are scratch resistant and non-porous, bacteria cannot grow in them.
As you can see, there are many reasons that make a sinterized surface a great choice for kitchen countertops. Look for the top brands that offer such types of sinterized surface brands, and you’ll surely find one that perfectly suits your kitchen and budget.