- Stone name: Compac Apple
- Texture: Plain
- Main colour: Green
- Average slab size: 3050×1400mm
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Tiles: Available. Standard sizes: 300x300mm, 600x600mm, 600x300mm, 600x400mm
- Applications: Interior. Please ask one of our team members
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90-95% quartz and minerals, 5%-15% pigments and additives
- Flexural resistance: 40-44 Mpa
- Impact resistance: >9-11
- Compression resistance: 260
- Absorption: 0.076-0.089%
- Slip resistance: 5 Wet. 40-50 Dry
- Abrasion resistance: 28.5
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
Compac Apple Quartz is part of the 40 plus colour palette from Compac and launched simultaneously with other vivid colours including Orange, Fucsia and Lila.
Compac is a Spanish Company and as such, strong colours are present within their ranges since these hues are a fairly important design element in that country.
Compac has made their name in the 70’s as they were the first Company to produce reconstituted marble. They continued their strategy by producing quartz in the 90’s which has now become the core business for this manufacturer.
Compac Apple Quartz uses patented technology created by Italian manufacturer Breton, which is granted to one Company in each country, ensuring the highest standards are followed by the manufacturers.
Compac Apple kitchen worktops in 30mm thickness with a set of 5 drainer grooves
Although Apple quartz can make a strong statement, it turns out to be one of the most popular colours when it comes to producing window displays and commercial applications such as bars, discotheques and similar venues.
Compac Apple quartz is made with resins to perform with higher heat resistance, scratches and stains.
Compac Apple Quartz is perfect for applications such as tiles, vanity tops and panels, splashbacks and wall cladding, fireplaces and staircases. Compac Apple Quartz shouldn’t be used externally.
Kitchen worktops with angular shape and 40mm mitered edges
Compac Apple Quartz is to liquids, acids and oils, stains and scratches making it ideal for hard wearing areas.
It has a practically no maintenance costs as it can be cleaned with soapy water or window spray cleaner without the need of sealing or resealing compared to granite or marble.
Compac Apple quartz provides lower contraction and internal stresses with a better result on its edge polishing.
It also comes in polished honed finish for classic looks and polished finish for contemporary or modern environments.
Compac Apple quartz only requires regular cleaning using a pH-neutral product and a rinse-off with water and drying with a kitchen cloth or paper towel.
- Grease stains: Dilute a small amount of detergent in water and rub the stain with a cloth. Then rinse off with water.
- Lime scale stains: Apply vinegar (or any other weak diluted acid) or specific non-abrasive cleaner for lime scale over the affected surface and leave to act for a minute. Then rinse off with water.
- Silicone stains: Dampen the area by applying a small dose of solvent (ethanol or similar). Scrape off using a razor blade, gently, to avoid scratching the surface.
- Metal and rust stains: Apply a small amount of hydrochloric acid. Leave to act for a few seconds, rinse off with plenty of water and dry.
- Do not place Compac Apple quartz to intense direct sunlight or expose it to UV lighting.
- Do not regularly place pots, pans and other hot items directly from the oven on Compac Apple quartz objects .
- Water-repellents or sealers to bring out shine are not required on Compac Apple quartz surfaces.
- Do not use stripping agents, caustic soda, degreasing products, or products with a pH over 10 or chlorine-based products. When using bleach or solvents, rinse with water as soon as possible to avoid prolonged contact with the surface.
- Compac Apple quartz doesn’t need and can’t be polished.