- Stone name: Compac Azabache
- Texture: Plain
- Main colour: Beige
- Average slab size: 3050×1400mm
- Price range: Short term:mid/high – Long term: low
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Tiles: Available. Standard sizes: 300x300mm, 600x600mm, 600x300mm, 600x400mm
- Applications: Interior. Please ask one of our team members
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90-95% quartz and minerals, 5%-15% pigments and additives
- Flexural resistance: 33 Mpa
- Impact resistance: >7
- Compression resistance: 275
- Absorption: 0.144%
- Slip resistance: 7 Wet. 69 Dry
- Abrasion resistance: 27.5
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
Compac Azabache Quartz part of the 40 colours made by Compac.
Compac is a Spanish multinational with almost 40 years experience within the market.
Compac is a family-owned business and the second biggest quartz manufacturer in the world with a distribution base in most continents.
Compac Azabache Quartz uses patented Breton machinery which guarantees maximum hardness in the material. It is then vibrate-compressed to guarantee practically no absorption which ensures no sealing is ever required once the material is installed.
Compac Azabache worktops in a north London residence by MKW Surfaces
Compac was one of the first manufacturers to introduce quartz for interiors material back in the 90’s.
Compac Azabache quartz is made with resins to perform with higher heat resistance, scratches and stains.
Compac Azabache quartz Kitchen worktops in 20mm thickness provide a modern, glamorous look
Compac Azabache Quartz is perfect for applications such as tiles, vanity tops and panels, splashbacks and wall cladding, fireplaces and staircases. Compac Azabache Quartz is not recommended for external use.
1.5 bowl sink cut out and a set of 5 drainer grooves made with Compac Azabache quartz
Compac Azabache Quartz is to liquids, acids and oils, stains and scratches making it ideal for har wearing areas.
It has a practically no maintenance costs as it can be cleaned with soapy water or window spray cleaner without the need of sealing or resealing compared to granite or marble.
Compac Azabache quartz provides lower contraction and internal stresses with a better result on its edge polishing.
It also comes in polished honed finish for classic looks and polished finish for contemporary or modern environments.
Compac Azabache quartz only requires regular cleaning using a pH-neutral product and a rinse-off with water and drying with a kitchen cloth or paper towel.
- Grease stains: Dilute a small amount of detergent in water and rub the stain with a cloth. Then rinse off with water.
- Lime scale stains: Apply vinegar (or any other weak diluted acid) or specific non-abrasive cleaner for lime scale over the affected surface and leave to act for a minute. Then rinse off with water.
- Silicone stains: Dampen the area by applying a small dose of solvent (ethanol or similar). Scrape off using a razor blade, gently, to avoid scratching the surface.
- Metal and rust stains: Apply a small amount of hydrochloric acid. Leave to act for a few seconds, rinse off with plenty of water and dry.
- Do not place Compac Azabache quartz to intense direct sunlight or expose it to UV lighting.
- Do not regularly place pots, pans and other hot items directly from the oven on Compac Azabache quartz objects .
- Water-repellents or sealers to bring out shine are not required on Compac Azabache quartz surfaces.
- Do not use stripping agents, caustic soda, degreasing products, or products with a pH over 10 or chlorine-based products. When using bleach or solvents, rinse with water as soon as possible to avoid prolonged contact with the surface.
- Compac Azabache quartz doesn’t need and can’t be polished.