- Compac Dark Gray quartz
Compac Dark Gray quartz wall cladding by Compac
- Stone name: Compac DarkGray
- Texture: Plain
- Main colour: Dark brown/grey
- Average slab size: 3050×1400mm
- Price range: medium
- Available thicknesses: 12mm, 20mm, 30mm
- Tiles: Available. Standard sizes: 300x300mm, 600x600mm, 600x300mm, 600x400mm
- Applications: Interior. Please ask one of our team members
- Classification: Engineered quartz/Technical quartz
- Composition: 90-95% quartz and minerals, 5%-15% pigments and additives
- Flexural resistance: 54 MPa
- Compression strenght: 263 MPa
- Absorption: 0.073-0.102%
- Slip resistance: 5 Wet. 42 Dry
- Abrasion resistance: 28.5
- Surfaces Hardness (Moh’s): 6-7
Compac Dark Gray Quartz is one of the colors out of the 40 strong palette from Compac.
Compac is a Spanish multinational corporation with almost 40 years experience within the market.
Compac is a family-owned business and the second biggest quartz manufacturer in the world with a distribution base in most continents.
Compac Dark Gray Quartz is made with Breton technology which uses an oven-like machinery to ensure maximum hardness in the material.
It is then vibrate-compressed to guarantee practically no absorption which ensures no sealing is ever required once the material is installed.
Compac Dark Gray is part of the Trend Line launched in 2012 with other classic colours complementing the range all with grey to brown shade in their composition.
The Trend Range is based on ‘Shades of Grey’:
Shades of grey by Wikipedia
Trend Campaign based on Shades of Grey
Compac Dark Gray 30mm worktops by MKW Surfaces for an apartment in Richmond, Surrey
The worktops above are made of Dark Gray from the same range which is characterized by its warm colours.
The Trend Range from Compac is made with polymer resins which ensure higher resistance to heat than other technical quartz stones and give the material uniformity in colour.
Compac quartz Dark Gray is not recommended for external use.
Compac quartz Dark Gray worktops by Compac
Compac quartz Dark Gray is resistant to acids, oils and liquids typical in a kitchen and won’t stain or scratch.
It has a very low maintenance costs as it doesn’t require sealing and it can be cleaned very easily.
A set of 5 drainer grooves on Dark Gray quartz worktops apartment
Compac quartz Dark Gray provides lower contraction and internal stresses with a better result on its edge polishing.
Worktops in 20mm thickness by MKW Surfaces in North London
Compac quartz Dark Gray is ideal for flooring with high traffic and can be applied on commercial establishments where a low maintenance and durable option is required.
Compac quartz Dark Gray comes in polished finish and also in honed for more classic looks.
Compac quartz Dark Gray only requires regular cleaning using a pH-neutral product and a rinse-off with water and drying with a kitchen cloth or paper towel.
- Grease stains: Dilute a small amount of detergent in water and rub the stain with a cloth. Then rinse off with water.
- Lime scale stains: Apply vinegar (or any other weak diluted acid) or specific non-abrasive cleaner for lime scale over the affected surface and leave to act for a minute. Then rinse off with water.
- Silicone stains: Dampen the area by applying a small dose of solvent (ethanol or similar). Scrape off using a razor blade, gently, to avoid scratching the surface.
- Metal and rust stains: Apply a small amount of hydrochloric acid. Leave to act for a few seconds, rinse off with plenty of water and dry.
- Do not place Compac Compac quartz Dark Gray to intense direct sunlight or expose it to UV lighting.
- Do not regularly place pots, pans and other hot items directly from the oven on Compac quartz Dark Gray objects .
- Water-repellents or sealers to bring out shine are not required on Compac quartz Dark Gray surfaces.
- Do not use stripping agents, caustic soda, degreasing products, or products with a pH over 10 or chlorine-based products. When using bleach or solvents, rinse with water as soon as possible to avoid prolonged contact with the surface.
- Compac Compac quartz Dark Gray doesn’t need and can’t be polished.